Nothing tastes more spectacular than this simple, spectacular stir-fry supper.
- 2 cups mixed mini sweet peppers, red, yellow, orange
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, cut in half length-wise and sliced
- 1 small green zucchini, cut in half length-wise and sliced
- 1 med red onion, sliced
- 6 oz Saurata’s Organic Multi-Grain Tempeh from Eugene, OR! (it is steamed and ready to eat).
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
Before you go to work, or a few hours ahead of your meal, slice tempeh into strips about ½ inch thick. Place in a dish with about 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and let it sit in fridge for a few hours to absorb the flavor.
Melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the tempeh and about ¼ cup water and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Saute until slightly browned. Add all the sliced vegetables and red pepper flakes to the pan and continue to saute the vegetables adding water and more of the balsamic vinegar. Saute just until veggies are snappy tender … don’t overcook.
Serve and enjoy!