KAREN’S KICK ASS KETCHUP
- 12 oz cans tomato paste (I generally use 2 of the 6 oz cans)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon parsley, crushed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon basil
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon marjoram
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if desired)
- pinch of red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- water, as needed
Place all ingredients into a saucepan with 1 can of water (use tomato paste can) and stir. Bring to simmer on low for about 15 minutes. Keep adding water to your desired ketchup consistency (I generally use about 3 to 4 cans of water).
This is really delicious, with no added sugar, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup or any of those “natural flavors” or extra sodium that is generally used in processed ketchup. It keeps in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.