This easy three bean salad was inspired by a Garbanzo Bean Salad recipe my good friend DeAnna shared with me many years ago. It’s one that I never get tired of because it’s an explosion of flavor in my mouth! It makes a great side salad with some soup or a sandwich. It’s always a hit when I bring it to potlucks anytime of the year or barbecues during the summer. It also works as one of my favorite one-dish meals. I love tossing about 1 cup onto a crunchy bed of kale or spinach or lettuce or a mixture of all three. It’s easy to fix; you’re going to love it!
Servings: about 6 cups Prep time: 15 min Cook time: None
- 1-½ cup of black beans; or 1 15 ounce can
- 1-½ cup of red kidney beans; or 1 15 ounce can
- 1-½ cup of garbanzo (chick peas) beans; or 1 15 ounce can
- 6 oz of button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or about 1 cup chopped mini peppers)
- 1 small to medium red onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 – 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-½ tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Spike Gourmet Natural Seasoning
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Put everything into a bowl and toss. It’s good to go. If you’re able to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight, the flavor will only get more robust as the beans absorb the flavors.
For fun, I sometimes add a chopped avocado or a cup of corn, a fresh cucumber, or a cup of some pretty yellow wax beans or even a cup of edamame! You know me, I’m not afraid to add a little of this or a little of that, especially if it’s colorful or crunchy! If I see things in my fridge, they just seem to call out to me. Heck, don’t be afraid to be creative, you can’t spoil something like this!