This pasta dish is so quick to make, you’re going to love it! And it’s soooo delicious … it’s going to be a favorite at your house!. It makes a great dish for a potluck too! I promise. You won’t have any left overs to take home ….
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- 10 oz of fusilli pasta (or any variety of your choice)
- 2 tbl, minced garlic (I like a LOT of garlic you adjust as desired)
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- ½ large green pepper, diced
- 10 oz sliced Cremini mushrooms (or any variety of your choice)
- 1 small yellow squash, large diced chunks
- 1 small green zucchini, large diced chunks
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite mushroom, organic, low-sodium, low-sugar (under 5 gm per serving) Italian sauce (there a several good ones on the market.)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (reserve some of the liquid to saute your vegetables)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
Cook your pasta according to package directions. Prepare chopped vegetables.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the garlic and the onion in vegetable broth (or juice from your diced tomatoes). Stir in the green peppers for about 1 minute before adding the sliced mushrooms, zucchini and yellow squash. Cook for about 7 – 10 minutes. Add the sauce, tomatoes, pepper flakes and nutritional yeast. Simmer for 20 minutes to blend the flavors nicely. While sauce is simmering, drain pasta and add back to pot. When sauce is done, pour onto pasta, and heat slightly, serve immediately. If you have leftovers, it will only taste better the next day … as the pasta absorbs the flavors nicely.
While your sauce is simmering, put together a crunchy green salad and you will be enjoying a wonderful meal.