Here’s a “to die for” no cheese sauce that can be used on baked potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, tacos, burritos, chili, nachos or in your next mac and cheese dish.
Easy No-Cheese Sauce
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 cups steamed and mashed cauliflower (I use my Insta-Pot, steaming on manual for 1 minute)
- 1 cup peeled, chopped, and steamed carrots (I use my Insta-Pot, steaming on manual for 1 minute)
- 3/4 to one cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup plant based milk (to help thin if too thick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to your taste)
Steam the cauliflower and carrots until tender. As mentioned above, I use my Insta-Pot and steam the veggies at the same time for 1 minute. Loosely measure out the carrots and toss into high-speed blender (I use a Vitamix). Mash and pack the cauliflower into a measuring cup and add to blender.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for 30 seconds to one minute or until the mixture is completely smooth. Serve immediately. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If it lasts that long!