Good Morning! Are you wondering what to eat for dinner tonight? Don’t worry, I have you covered!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- Chunky tomato Primavera sauce; 5 cups (I used a favorite recipe from the book Better Than Vegan – you can use store-bought, or your favorite recipe.)
- Textured soy protein (TVP) ; ½ cup
- Cooked brown rice; 2 cups
- Raw baby spinach leaves; 8 cups
- Pepper; ⅓ teaspoon or to taste
- Nutritional yeast; ½ cup
- Start cooking a batch of brown rice until rice is tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, heat up your Primavera sauce in a 5-quart saute pan. Heat, and bring to a slow simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the TVP and simmer slowly for 5 additional minutes.
- When rice is done cooking, add it to the Primavera sauce and stir to mix well.
- Add baby spinach leaves and stir until just slightly wilted. If you prefer your spinach softer, cook longer.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle each serving with 1 to 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
It couldn’t be any easier to plantify your plate! It’s an easy clean up, it’s delicious and it’s a super nutritious meal your whole family will love!